This is one of the charms of digital assistants in general—the developers have programmed in funny answers to questions and other bits to give these AI routines a more human feel. We are not at the point where digital assistants are indiscernible from actual humans, of course, but maybe we will get there one day.
In the meantime, the folks at CNET put together a long list of commands that bring out Alexa's programmed personality. Here are some of them...
- Alexa, I've got 99 problems.
- Alexa, how was your day?**
- Alexa, is your refrigerator running?
- Alexa, are you blue?
- Alexa, why did the chicken cross the road?**
- Alexa, can you give me some money?
- Alexa, do you know Siri?** (substitute 'Alexa' for Siri)
- Alexa, I am your father.**
- Alexa, how old are you?**
- Alexa, do you like pizza?**
- Alexa, tell me a Star Wars joke.
- Alexa, who is on first?**
You can also have Alexa hit you with knowledge in fun ways. Try asking, "Alexa, can you give me a random fact?" or "Alexa, what are some interesting sports facts?" Neither of those queries or will get you a witty reply from Siri, which directs you to the web instead. Of course, there are custom questions you could ask Siri that might stump Alexa, so this works both ways.
Hit the link in the Via field below for a bunch of other fun commands you can bark at Alexa.