Normally we look past a reconditioned product, save for when the price trends towards the exceptional side. This is one of those situations. Surface Pro tablets usually run several hundreds dollars higher than this deal, and while this is an older model, it's still a capable slate for general purpose computing chores and media consumption.
- Display: 12.3-inch PixelSense display (2736x1824 resolution, 267 pixels per inch, 10-point touch)
- CPU: Intel Core m3-6Y30 processor (900MHz to 2.2GHz)
- GPU: Intel HD Graphics 515
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 128GB solid state drive
- Wireless: 802.11ac Wi-Fi + bluetooth 4.0
- Front Camera: 5-megapixel HD w/ Windows Hello support
- Rear Camera: 8-megapixel w/ autofocus
- Microphone: Stereo
- Interface: Full-size USB 3.0, microSD card reader, 3.5mm headphone, mini DisplayPort, Cover port, Surface Connect
- Sensors: Ambient light, accelerometer, gyroscope, magnetometer
- Security: TPM (Trusted Platform Module) chip for enterprise security
- OS: Windows 10 Professional 64-bit
- Dimensions: 11.50 x 7.93 x 0.33 inches
- Weight: 1.69 pounds
Factory Reconditioned Microsoft Surface Pro 4 - $299.99 at Woot (Stylus Pen not included)
Obviously this not a machine for intense 3D design and other high-powered tasks, but for general purpose workloads and content consumption, it should do just fine. It's certainly tough to top the price.
As to the factory reconditioned status, here's what Woot (owned by Amazon) has to say.
"A 'factory reconditioned' item was returned, inspected, and restored to fully working condition by the original manufacturer or a certified partner. Each product comes backed by an assigned manufacture warranty OR our very own (90 day) Woot warranty. It's as close to new as you can get without technically being 'new'," Woot says.