AMD is off to a strong start with its Ryzen 3000 family of 7nm Zen 2 processors. We've seen month after month that the processors have been gaining strength in the retail market, and have been walloping Intel's current-generation Core CPUs in some regions.
The folks at MSI are looking to expand their family of X570-based motherboards for the Ryzen 3000 family with the launch of the MEG X570 Unify. For those that prefer a stealthier look for your rig that doesn't alert its presence from a mile away, you'll be glad to know that the MEG X570 Unify doesn't come with RGB LED flourishes throughout.
"By eliminating all the redundant RGB LED from the motherboard and adopting the UV black printing, the heatsink shows the gleam and the shining reflection of the dragon to symbolize a mysterious and high-quality image," writes MSI.
MSI has outfitted the MEG X570 Unify with an aluminum heatsink/cover for the power delivery circuits to dissipate heat more efficiently, and uses a Frozr Heatsink Design for the chipset. The three onboard PCIe 4.0 M.2 slots are also targeted for maximum cooling with the M.2 Shield Frozr thermal solution.
Other features incorporated into the board's design include four DIMM slots, 2.5G LAN, Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax) and what's being described as a "server grade" PCB. When you put it all together, MSI says that it able to push a Ryzen 9 3900X processor to a record maximum frequency of 5.857GHz with the MEG X570 Unify. You can check out all of the board's major specs below:
- Supports 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ / Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Graphics Desktop Processors for AM4 socket
- Supports DDR4 Memory, up to 4600+(OC) MHz
- Aluminum Cover with Extended Heatsink: All-metal extended heatsink cover enlarge the surface of heat dissipation, ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Lightning Fast Game Experience: PCIe 4.0, Triple Lightning Gen4 x4 M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr, StoreMI, AMD Turbo USB 3.2 Gen2.
- 2.5G Gaming LAN with Latest Wi-Fi 6 Solution: Onboard 2.5G LAN with gaming LAN manager, combining latest Wi-Fi 6 solution which supports MU-MIMO and BSS color technology, delivering the best online gaming experience.
- Frozr Heatsink Design: Designed with the patented fan and double ball bearings to provide the best performance for enthusiast gamers and prosumers.
- Audio Boost HD: Isolated audio with dedicated processor combining ESS audio DAC with amplifier, deliver the breathtaking, game-changing sound to create the most exciting gameplay.
- Pre-installed I/O Shielding: Better EMI protection and more convenience for installation
We should note that the MSI MEG X570 Unify will support AMD's upcoming flagship Ryzen 9 3950X processor (16 cores/32 threads). The processor was supposed to launch at the end of September, but is now on track to launch next month (if all goes according to plan).